Career Counseling & Outplacement Services
Clients can tap the expertise of any or all of the professionals at Heart At Work Associates for:
- Individual Career Counseling and Coaching – short-term, typically 1-6 sessions – in person in Maine or by phone or Skype from any location world-wide
- Personalized Outplacement Services and Consulting – for employers who want to provide employees (from executives to entry level) with a choice of cost-effective options or for self-referred individuals with outplacement services as part of a severance package
How We’re Different:
- Heart At Work Associates offers a partnership with clients that includes practical approaches tailored to the needs of each individual and organization – unlike most firms that use standardized approaches or impersonal Internet portals for career assistance.
- Only experienced career professionals deliver programs and one-to-one sessions, no matter the employee’s position in the company.
- In addition, we offer the most current information and best practices in the career counseling industry on job search strategies, including unique Linked in Tutorials, on how to create a winning profile and effectively use this social media channel to accelerate a successful job search.
Specific services include:
Individual Career Counseling
The career counselors and coaches at Heart At Work Associates work compassionately and effectively with people who want to change some aspect of their work or explore a new career direction. Highly experienced and extensively educated in career counseling models and strategies, the career professionals at Heart At Work Associates are passionate about helping people explore possibilities, make good decisions and sustain healthy and satisfying work choices that go beyond work as a source of income.
Individuals may identify ways to make their current jobs more satisfying, embark on a new career path, or explore further education or training.
Their approach incorporates focused questions that reveal the heart of the matter combined with strategic actions that support individuals to:
- Increase clarity about work needs, desires and intentions as they relate to current life stage priorities
- Identify and change attitudes, behaviors and patterns that limit work satisfaction and success
- Create an effective career transition strategy or imagine work options for their next life phase
- More successfully balance work and family life
- Identify work and education opportunities and their requirements that will facilitate their goals and ambitions
- Learn current and effective ways to secure work by strategic conversations and tapping community resources
- Create professional work-related documents: résumés and cover letters that get attention, the latest in creating a LinkedIn profile and using this social media site effectively in a job search
- Adjust to new work situations through professional development and mindful work performance
- Build self-esteem and develop the ability to articulate accomplishments and/or negotiate an employment offer
To learn more about individual career counseling and outplacement services or to schedule an appointment with one of the Heart At Work Associates, contact Barbara at (207) 775-6400, email@example.com
Why Choose Heart At Work Associates?
- Heart At Work Associates’ offerings are personal, hands-on, and tailored to the needs of each individual and organization, unlike most firms that use standardized approaches and rely on impersonal Internet portals.
- Only experienced and credentialed career counselors/coaches deliver programs and one to one sessions, no matter the employee’s position in the company. All employer inquiries will be addressed within 24 hours.
- We offer the most current information on effective job search strategies, including unique LinkedIn tutorials on how to create a winning profile and effectively use this social media channel to accelerate a job search strategy.
Outplacement Support Services:
Option I. Half-day Group Workshop on Transitions & Job Search Essentials
(May include: managing emotions after a layoff, getting clear on a direction, effective job search strategies, résumé & interviewing, Q&A, plus handouts)
Option II. Individual Career Counseling (including face-to-face, Emails and unlimited phone consults)
- Individual career counseling that addresses the individual’s values, life stage, competencies/skills and interests to clarify career direction and options in the marketplace.
- Administration of the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory (personality assessment)
- Résumé and cover letter coaching and document reviews including editing and design for optimal success.
- LinkedIn tutorials that include creating a profile that gets attention and using the site to accelerate a job search.
- Development of an effective job search strategy that includes coaching on initiating “strategic conversations” that have proven highly effective in identifying job leads and eventual employment.
- Marketplace resources and information on job postings on the Internet and locally.
- Interviewing tips and coaching on salary and benefits negotiations.
Outplacement fees can be discussed and depend on the number of individuals served as well as their time and roles within the organization.
Barbara and her team are professional career counselors and coaches with experience offering outplacement to an array of employers across a broad spectrum of industries.